Monday, March 15, 2010

Oye Amigo's in Marshall

I was out of town this weekend so I searched for a authentic restaurant in the area. The food there was very different from places such as Don Pablos or Taco bell. The place is small and dark, and it was filled with people when I went in. It was very quaint, and the service, I think, is family run. It seemed like home cooking to me, and I had guacamole dip and ships for an appetizer which was new for me, and I decided I didn't like avocado outside of sushi. I had chicken enchiladas for my entree and they were the best I've ever eaten. I don't know what kind of seasoning they used but it was chuck full of onions and green peppers. There was cheese melted over the top. It was served with refried beans and spanish rice which was normal, but they must do something different with their beans. If I had to guess I would say they were homemade because they didn't taste like what comes out of the can. They served heated and buttered soft toria shells with the meal for bread. Everything was pretty bland except for the complimentary house salsa they served with warmed ships. Now that stuff made me guzzle several glasses of diet coke, but it was tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment